An unusually thin coat of ancient jasper on the outside of this proved to be a happy accident. I don’t think I would have gotten these results with the texturizer otherwise. Still, though, I have to wonder what it would look like at normal thickness.
The answer is always to make more and find out.
The “texturizer” in question is an amaco product. Pretty neat, but I wouldn’t use it on the inside of dinnerware.
Thrown as one piece, trimmed into two. I made this for roasting garlic in.
It vaguely resembles the claw game aliens from Toy Story.
Some of the work I did while demoing the potter’s wheel a week and a half ago. I was on that wheel for about six-and-a-half hours, so there’s a few more pieces not shown here.
This one was on the right hand side in that picture last Thursday (When I am writing this, that was only 2 hours ago.)
My squiggly wire experiments are mostly trial and error, but I’m wholly satisfied with how this one turned out. Long time bean-fans may notice I brought back an old favorite glaze combination.
I have some grinding to do.
This is the first run off I’ve had on a piece with a foot like this. It’s a very runny glaze combo (Coyote’s Oxblood and Gunmetal Green, which are both prone to flow alone, but flow more when together.)
The middle mug from my last post, after being heated to about 2200F
It’s really weird, but amaco ancient jasper is like a satin glaze on this new clay body. Still, I’m more than a little satisfied with how this turned out.